Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
600 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103
The Wadsworth is operating at a limited capacity with timed entry in line with the state’s Reopen Connecticut capacity and safety guidelines. This allows us time for enhanced cleaning and contact tracing procedures. Timed tickets are available at my.thewadsworth.org. Visitors are asked to arrive no more than 10 minutes before the entry time window specified at registration. Visitors are required to wear a face mask/covering at all times in the museum and observe the floor markings and posted room capacity advisories to ensure safe social distancing. Visitors are encouraged to bring a smartphone or connected device to access audio tours, digital versions of the museum map, and interpretive materials in the galleries. Free WiFi is available. Backpacks, food, and drink are not permitted in the galleries, ask about locker storage at the Info Desk.
- Before visiting the museum, familiarize yourself with the symptoms of COVID-19 and do not visit if you feel unwell or have had exposure to someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Masks or facial coverings are required unless written documentation is provided from a licensed medical provider or government agency showing that a guest qualifies for an exemption. For these individuals a clear face shield will be allowed as an acceptable alternative to a face mask.
- Always maintain six feet of distance from other visitors outside of your household. Avoid congestion in small areas, such as bathrooms and elevators.
- Wash your hands frequently and utilize hand sanitizer (stations can be found throughout the museum).
- Be considerate of others and aware of your surroundings.
If you are visiting the museum to see a specific work of art, please call the Information Desk at (860) 838-4100 to confirm that it is on view. Information Desk hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm; please note that Information Desk hours differ from regular museum hours.